We offer women the opportunity for
service, fellowship and growth. Our Women’s Ministry extends to hospitality, outreach, retreats, special events, prayer and more.
Women in the Word (Bible/Book Studies):
Tuesday Evenings, 6:00-8:00 pm
This school year we will be studying the Book of Psalms.
This Program encourages women at every level of Biblical knowledge to dig deeply into the Word, to see Christ in all of Scripture, to experience fellowship in the Word, to know Scripture as alive, and to apply what they have learned to their daily lives. Led by various women leaders. Childcare is available during the Wednesday morning Bible Study, which offers nursery care for children under 3, a children’s program for kids ages 3-5, and a homeschool study and PE program for kids in grades 1-8. Contact: Jeanie Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
New series will begin September 2017.
New study will begin in September 2017.
September 10 through May 12, 7-8:30 pm
(Two locations: North Escondido or Rancho Bernardo)
Two Fridays each month
September 11 through May 13, 9:30-11am at New Life
Women of Titus 2 seeks to establish trusting and supportive relationships between women of all ages and at difference places in their walk with Christ. Led by various WT2 mentors. Childcare for infants and toddlers will be provided for Friday mornings, but not for Thursday evenings.
Contact: Maribeth Seo, 760-716-7117, email@example.com.
Retreats & Conferences:
(Pastries and coffee served from 8-9am)
Cost of $30 before 10/4 ($20 after) includes Lunch.
Join us on October 17 for our annual fall women’s conference! This year’s topic is: “Who AM I? The Identity of a Christ Follower in 2015.” Our speakers
will be our own Sarah Dudley, Lisa Aguilar, and Kathy Daane.
Dinner begins at 5:45 pm.
Come join us for a fun fellowship night that includes dinner. Each woman brings along a dessert to share, and a $5-$10 ornament to exchange. This is a favorite annual event, and signups fill up fast. Don’t miss it! If you would like to help with any of the preparations, contact Karen Lenhert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-443-9955.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
1. To recruit people to provide food.
2. To work directly with the family to identify their wishes and needs for the service.
3. To inventory supplies and replace what was used (New Life covers coffee, and lemonade replacement)
4. To serve in 2-hour shifts with set up, clean up, or kitchen service
Volunteers are contacted regarding a need for meals by the Meals Ministry coordinator. The Meals Ministry coordinator maintains a list of all church members who have volunteered to provide meals, contacts them when a need arises, and coordinates a schedule for the delivery of meals.
The Meals Ministry is currently seeking a new coordinator. Please contact Laura Leas at email@example.com with any questions about serving in this ministry.
1. Misión Vida Nueva is our sister church to the Escondido Hispanic community. Each Christmas we gather new, wrapped toys to distribute to
those families being ministered to by Misión Vida Nueva. For selected Sundays in December, a large box will be in the foyer to collect donations. The
Coordinator would contact the pastor who then comes to pick up all the wrapped toys before Christmas.
2. Alternative Pregnancy Center is a pro-life organization in Escondido that appreciates our gifts each December of diapers and clothes for new born
infants. A second box will be in the foyer to collect new baby gifts. The Coordinator would deliver these gifts directly to the center.
New Life Church-Wide Ministries:
The Kitchen Ministry is made up of volunteer’s that operate in a variety of areas and times to keep both kitchens at NLPC safe, clean, running smoothly and well stocked. It is our goal to maintain high standards so that every individual, ministry or visiting groups can enjoy the wonderful kitchens we have been blessed with at New Life. This is primarily a behind the scenes ministry and has great flexibility for those who want to volunteer, but have limited schedules. Join us today!
Here’s how you can help:
1. Monthly Cleaning Team
Stock Check and Supply – Weekly Kitchen Check-Out Items (keeping track of items that are checked out of the kitchens)
2. Wednesday Night Stock and Cleaning Crew
– Twice monthly (this can be done during Wednesday night church)
3. First Sunday Brunch rotating clean-up team (Usually 3-4 times a year)
Do you love to cook? Would you like to help in the preparation or serving of fun, tasty, easy, and affordable menus for large crowds? Jim and Perri Hamilton are looking for help in two areas:
1. Volunteers to prepare food on Saturday – dessert teams and salad teams (recipes would be provided)
2. Servers-on-the-ready: Be willing to check with the kitchen before brunch and ask if any servers on needed that day. Contact Perri Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Rachel Johnson, the church Wedding Coordinator, if you would like more information about becoming part of this fun and important
ministry to the couples of New Life. email@example.com.